FDP Forum / DRRI Chasis Jack/ 5 messages in thread.

1 to 5 of 5 shown.



Oct 13th, 2016 07:28 AM        

Last night, while checking things I noticed for the first time an empty, chasis-mounted 1/4" jack socket near the transformer - which puts it pretty much under the Intensity pot.<br /> <br /> Maybe I should already know this, but can someone explain the purpose of this jack, please?<br /> <br /> Thanks!


on the rhine

Oct 13th, 2016 04:05 PM        

Hi!<br /> <br /> I´m pretty sure this is the "entrance" to the bias-adjustment-pot.<br /> It´s not an "empty" socket - it just looks like it ;-)<br /> <br /> You put in a screwdriver to turn the pot and vary the bias of your output-tubes.<br /> <br /> cheers - C.

Te 52

Laws of Physics

strictly enforced
Oct 13th, 2016 04:55 PM        

Yeah, shine a flashlight in that hole and you should see a screwdriver slot.



Dec 3rd, 2016 12:47 PM        

Thanks, guys - and my humble apologies for the belated response to yours.<br /> <br /> I do appreciate your help.


United States

Dec 3rd, 2016 11:27 PM        

Questions are good rmfrance :) I was completely new to tube amp maintenance just a year ago, learned alot...due to trying to mess with my amp, but none-the-less got comfortable maneuvering around my amp, and testing basic things.

Copyright 1999-2003 Fender Discussion Page, LLC. Visit the web site at http://www.fenderforum.com