FDP Forum / What is this piece called on my Fender Performer bridge and how can I replace it?/ 6 messages in thread.

1 to 6 of 6 shown.



Jul 7th, 2015 08:53 AM        

Missing a piece from a Fender Performer bridge & would like to replace it, but don't know what it's called. There are 6 screws on the bridge with big knurled knob things on them (front of picture). What are they called? How can I get a replacement?<br /> <br /> Been playing Performers for years & never used these knob things!<br /> <br /> Thank much.


Contributing Member


What's this moderation you speak of?
Jul 7th, 2015 11:01 AM        

Probably fine tune knobs. I had a MIJ Contemporary Stratocaster years ago with the same knobs. <br /> <br /> Maybe try Ebay but good luck on finding bridge parts for the 80's MIJ bridges.



Jul 7th, 2015 12:15 PM        

Thanks, Patton. eBay is where I got the bridge. I'm wondering if the fine tune knob itself is a customer Fender thing or if it's a standard part somewhere else, in which case it wouldn't be called a fine tune knob?



Why do I keep fixing things that work?
Jul 8th, 2015 09:15 PM        

Ok, that is a Kahler bridge and you can buy parts on their website. <br /> I have an early 80's Japanese Strat with the same bridge and Kahler is still making those parts. <br /> The parts from them are a little pricey but original they are! <br /> Best regards, Woody

KC Fender Fan


Aug 28th, 2015 11:51 AM        

If you google search "Fender System 1 tremolo parts" you can find a couple of sites that sell them. There's one specifically I know of, but not sure if I should link to them directly since they aren't a sponsor.


Contributing Member

Suburban MD.

Are your prayer beads maple or rosewood?
Sep 14th, 2015 10:52 AM        

The Kahler standard 2700 knobs will NOT fit the System I. <br /> These holes can sometimes strip out, make sure the bridge hole is still solid enough to keep and hold an existing screw.<br /> <br /> Try the link below at Frets on the Net! (I have linked to this site plenty before!)<br />

Copyright 1999-2003 Fender Discussion Page, LLC. Visit the web site at http://www.fenderforum.com