FDP Home Page / FDP Forum / FAQ's

The FDP is made possible by the following companies and individual members like you.
Please use the links below to show them we value their sponsorship.

Yellowjackets Tube Converters



Apex Tube Matching

Jensen Loudspeakers

WD Music

Amplified Parts

Antique Electronics Supply

* God bless America and our men and women in uniform *

* Illegitimi non carborundum! *

If you benefit and learn from the FDP and enjoy our site, please help support us and become a Contributing Member or make a Donation today! The FDP counts on YOU to help keep the site going with an annual contribution. It's quick and easy with PayPal. Please do it TODAY!

Chris Greene, Host & Founder



Find musicians
in your area!
  Search the Forums  

FDP Forum / The Squier Forum / Classic Vibe 60's Tremolo Arm

Mark Ethridge
Contributing Member

Pelham, AL USA

Feb 7th, 2016 07:00 PM   Edit   Profile  

I purchased a used Classic Vibe 60's Stratocaster but it is missing the tremolo arm. What is the correct replacement arm for this bridge?

Mark Ethridge
Contributing Member

Pelham, AL USA

Feb 10th, 2016 06:40 PM   Edit   Profile  

Found the correct part number if anyone ever needs it. 007-7350-000. Only one I could find for sale was on ebay. Ordered it but it's gone a be mismatch for my hardware. tremolo arm is gold and all the other hardware is chrome.

Contributing Member

Eat. Sleep. Guitar.

Feb 12th, 2016 01:05 PM   Edit   Profile  

Mark, once you get the arm, take it to a local machine shop and ask them to make you a duplicate from 1/4" diameter stainless steel rod.

Take the guitar with you to show 'em how far the bar screws into the bridge, so they can turn a shoulder on the rod just above the threaded portion.

It's not expensive to have done, and the stainless steel bar will last forever. It also provides a more positive feel and response because it won't flex like the winky little stock bar does.



Contributing Member

Cincinnati, USA

Feb 19th, 2016 07:58 AM   Edit   Profile  

Peegoo, great idea but it would be so much more convenient to just order one online rather than have to find a local shop that will machine a one-off piece.

Isn't someone already selling better arms online?

FDP Data Goon

When I sin

I sin real good
Feb 19th, 2016 09:35 AM   Edit   Profile  

I'd just ask a couple of the big parts supplier.

Or call Sweetwater and ask.

Can't imagine it's hard.

Contributing Member

I dweam of Jeannie

She's a light bwown Hare...
Apr 25th, 2016 03:34 PM   Edit   Profile  

There's a chap on UK ebay selling ones which he machines himself from stainless steel. I've had a couple of cold rolled steel trem blocks from him and he does nice work. Don't know if postage to the US might make the cost prohibitive, but he does post worldwide.

UK ebay trem arm listing, he also does ali, brass, and rolled steel blocks.

(This message was last edited by vomer at 01:04 PM, Apr 28th, 2016)

Contributing Member

Eat. Sleep. Guitar.

Apr 25th, 2016 05:08 PM   Edit   Profile  

That guy does nice work!


Back of Beyond SW FL

May 4th, 2016 07:24 PM   Edit   Profile  

Callaham used to have great stainless steel arms but I don't know if they still do make them. I have one.

(This message was last edited by Belgarath at 09:26 PM, May 4th, 2016)

FDP Forum / The Squier Forum / Classic Vibe 60's Tremolo Arm

Reply to this Topic
Display my email address             Lost your password?
Your Message:
Link Address (URL):
Link Title:

Moderators: Chris Greene  Iron Man  reverendrob  

FDP, LLC Privacy Policy: Your real name, username, and email
are held in confidence and not disclosed to any third parties, sold, or
used for anything other than FDP Forum registration unless you specifically authorize disclosure.

Internet Application Development

Copyright © 1999-2019 Fender Discussion Page, LLC   All Rights Reserved